Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Designed by Morgan & Walls, the Arcade opened on September 26, 1910 as a vaudeville theatre for Alexander Pantages. After Pantages moved to his new theater at 7th and Hill streets in 1920, this theater was renamed Dalton's. Eight years later, it was renamed Arcade in honor of the popular Arcade Building. In the 1940's it was known as the Telenews and the Teleview. It has been closed since 1992. Exterior view of the Arcade Theatre, formerly the Pantages Theater. The marquee advertises Keno every night. Next door is the Strand Restaurant and the Marie Antoinette Diamond Company Credit Jewelers, in the Arcade Theater Building. Dr. Gibson Dentists is on the second floor.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00015202 William Reagh Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection A-004-411 4x5 CARL0000003830 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/124799
Arcade Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Motion picture theaters--California--Los Angeles Marquees--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Restaurants--California--Los Angeles Broadway (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)