This photograph is the property of Rick Hyman Restrictions on Use
The Thomas V. Johnson house, part of the Carmelita Cottages on Main Street. It was originally built by Johnson in 1872 or 1873 as a smaller house, by 1888, it had doubled in size. Mary Anne Johnson, T.V. Johnson's wife, lived in the house until her death in 1920. In the 1990's it was renovated and became part of a hostel. Source of information: Articles on this Website, see links below.