Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Clifford Clinton, founder of the Clifton's chain, opened L.A.'s first cafeteria, The Cafeteria of the Golden Rule. In 1939, the cafeteria was transformed into the Pacific Seas and redecorated in a Polynesian motif with floral wallpaper, fake flowers and palm trees, baskets, and the Rain Hut. The restaurant closed in 1960 and was later razed. Interior view of the Pacific Seas cafeteria, located at 618 S. Olive Street, showing a decorative neon light designed to look like a palm tree.
1 photographic print :b&w ;11 x 14 cm. Photographic prints
00088349 Lucille Stewart Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection GPC_b12_f2_i22; GPC_b12_f2_i22_N CARL0004952719 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/123420
Clinton's Restaurants Inc. (Los Angeles, Calif.) Restaurants--California--Los Angeles Neon lamps--California--Los Angeles Cafeterias--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles