Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Originally owned by Earl C. Anthony, Inc., KFI began operating on March 31, 1922 as one of the first high-powered, "clear-channel" stations in the United States.; This structure opened in 1912 and the interior showroom designs were by Greene and Greene. Exterior view of KFI radio station, located at 1000 South Hope Street. A Packard automobile dealer is located in the building in the center of the image. A Hudson Essex automobile dealer and the B'nai B'rith synagogue, located on the corner of 9th and Hope streets, are visible in the background on the left.
1 photographic print :b&w ;18 x 13 cm. on sheet 26 x 21 cm. Photographic prints
00079022 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Radio-Studios; N-002-166.1 5x7; N-002-166.5 5x7 (Additional print) CARL0000080252 http://18.104.22.168/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111599
KFI (Radio station : Los Angeles, Calif.) B'nai B'rith Temple (Los Angeles, Calif) Radio stations--California--Los Angeles Automobile dealers--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Hope Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Earl C. Anthony, Inc