Designed by Morgan & Walls, this theater opened on September 26, 1910 as a vaudeville theatre for Alexander Pantages. After Pantages moved to his new theater at 7th and Hill streets in 1920, this theater was renamed Dalton's. Eight years later, it was renamed Arcade in honor of the popular Arcade Building. In the 1940's it was known as the Telenews and the Teleview. It has been closed since 1992. View of busy Broadway looking north from 7th Street. Visible on the right hand side of the street are: California Furniture Company, located at 644-646 S. Broadway; Orpheum Theatre #3, located at 630 S. Broadway; and the Walter P. Story building, located at 610 S. Broadway. Farther north on the same side of the street one can also see the Pantages Theatre. Large crowds of people are visible on the sidewalks, and streetcars and trolleys are lined up along Broadway. Two policemen direct traffic at the intersection.
California Furniture Company Orpheum Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Walter P. Story Building (Los Angeles, Calif.) Pantages Theatre (Los Angeles, Calif.) Motion picture theaters--California--Los Angeles Commercial buildings--California--Los Angeles Street-railroads--California--Los Angeles Stores & shops--California--Los Angeles City traffic--California--Los Angeles Pedestrians--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Broadway (Los Angeles, Calif.) Seventh Street (Los Angeles, Calif.) Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.)