Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The Van de Kamp's Bakery headquarters, designed to resemble a 16th -century Dutch farmhouse, located at 2930 Fletcher Drive in Glassell Park, served as the headquarters for the chain of bakeries and coffee shops whose trademark "windmill" buildings and neon signs prevailed throughout mid-20th century Los Angeles. The building was designed by New York architect J. Edward Hopkins in 1930 in the Dutch Renaissance Revival style, reflecting the company's Dutch corporate image. Theodore J. Van de Kamp and Lawrence L. Frank were the owners and originators of the Van de Kamp Bakeries. Fondly known as the "Taj Mahal of all bakeries", the Van de Kamp's headquarters was declared city of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument No. 569 in 1992. Four views of Van de Kamp's Bakery on Fletcher Drive near San Fernando Road, with the finishing details of construction being done.
4 photographic prints :b&w Photographic prints
00031257 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Industries-Food; N-003-870.1 4x5; N-003-870.2 4x5; N-003-879.3 4x5; N-003-870.4 4x5 CARL0000033232 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/95855
Van de Kamp's Bakery Corporations--Headquarters--California--Los Angeles Bakeries--California--Glassell Park (Los Angeles) Renaissance revival (Architecture)--California--Glassell Park (Los Angeles)--Dutch influences Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Glassell Park (Los Angeles, Calif.)