Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
"The Wardrobe" Men's Store in DeSassiet Building, corner of Second and Santa Clara Streets Built by Adolph Pfister in 1880. Other names for the building were; Pfister Block and New Century Block. "Except for some ground floor exterior alterations in 1925 to provide big display windows, this building looks pretty much as it did when Adolph Pfister built it in 1880. Its prominent position on the southeast corner of Second and Santa Clara Streets ensured its appellation of "a downtown landmark" for more than 80 years. The City Directory listed it as the Pfister Block until the beginning of the 20th Century, when its owners renamed it the New Century Block."