Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Pedestrians walk by the University Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library, located at 3420 S. Hoover Street. University Branch, now Exposition Park Branch, was constructed in the Romanesque style to harmonize with other USC buildings. The architects were Hibbard, Gerity & Kerton. In 1965, the building was sold to the University of Southern California for development purposes and the branch collections were moved to a storefront at 1479 West Adams Boulevard. In 1973 the University Branch was renamed the Exposition Park-Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Regional Branch Library in honor of the great educator and humanitarian. Two years later, the branch left the storefront location and was placed in a new building located at 3665 South Vermont Avenue.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00086101 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Exposition Park-Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Regional Branch CARL0004795149 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/113284
Los Angeles Public Library.--Exposition Park-Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Regional Branch Branch libraries--California--San Fernando Valley Public libraries--California--San Fernando Valley Hibbard, Gerity & Kerton