Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of the west and south façades of the Palos Verdes Golf Club. Newly-planted landscaping is visible, with an unpaved Via Campesina in foreground at right. The snow-capped Mount San Antonio (aka "Mt. Baldy") and San Gabriel mountains are visible in distance. The two-story, eleven-room Spanish-style clubhouse is located at 3301 Via Campesina in Val Monte. The golf course, which was designed by George C. Thomas Jr. and built by William P. Bell, opened on November 15, 1924, with landscaping designed by the Olmsted brothers. Date Built: 1924 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, January 1925, p. 6. PVH building permit #22.
1 photographic print (b/w); 4.5 x 6.5 in.
pvld:2689 bar code: 000026625 negative number: 753
Palos Verdes Golf Club (Palos Verdes Estates, Calif.) Country clubs--California--Palos Verdes Estates Clubhouses--California--Palos Verdes Estates