Exterior view of the Mission Revival/Islamic style Hollywood residence which once belonged to artist Paul de Longpre´. It was located on the west side of Cahuenga Blvd. at Hollywood Blvd. on property he obtained from Mrs. Wilcox Beveridge after he moved to Los Angeles in 1889. The artist, who was born in Lyons, France, desired the 65-foot-deep lots for his famed flower garden, which is partially visible here. At one time he had 4,000 roses, which he painted. Many tourists visited his garden and art gallery between the late 1890s and late 1910s. The home was demolished in 1927, several years after de Longpre´'s death.