This collection includes approximately 40,000 photographs by commercial photographer Ralph Morris, who worked in the Los Angeles area from 1939-1981. His advertising and industrial clients included department stores, restaurants, the automobile and petroleum industries as well as business executives. Also included is the Luckhaus Studio collection of architecture, fashion, the movie industry, sports and street scenes, images which Morris obtained in 1939. Meyer & Holler designed the Egyptian Theatre (6708 Hollywood Blvd.) in 1921. The first of the "fantasy" movie palaces on Hollywood Blvd., the Egyptian retains the forecourt with original Egyptian-style paintings. The marquee was altered in the 1950s. The theater was listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a contributor to the Hollywood Boulevard Commercial and Entertainment District in 1985, and in 2000 was restored and renovated by architects Hodgetts+Fung Design Associates, Inc. as home to the American Cinematheque. Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Oklahoma" is being featured at the Egyptian Theatre. Two women on a ladder touching the marquee.