Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: https://wschs.org/contact-us
Photo postcard--black and white: Graton's Petaluma and Santa Rosa electric railway in 1909. Graton was founded to take advantage of the railway coming to the area in 1904. The depot was located where the Graton Volunteer Fire Department was located on Ross Road and Main Street's . A fountain was built across from the depot on the south side of Main Street. Unfortunately there was not enough water pressure for it to run continuously, so it flowed in spurts, prompting the town's nickname "Squirtsville." After P&SR passenger service ended in 1932, the fountain was filled in and used as a planter. It was finally removed in the 1960's. Verso has handwritten message to Alazuma Wirts from A. F. H.