Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Interior view of the interior of the Alex Theatre (originally known as the Alexander Theatre) located on Brand Avenue in Glendale. The decorative stage curtain, done in a Grecian motif, is enclosed by column on both sides of the stage. Designed by architects Charles R. Selkirk and Arthur G. Lindley with an emphasis on Greek and Egyptian themes, it opened its doors as a Vaudeville and motion picture house in 1925. In 1940, the exterior of the theater was updated by S. Charles Lee, who added a 100 foot tall Art Deco tower and ticket kiosk to the Greek Revival theater.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00014445 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection Glendale-Theaters-Alex. CARL0000064981 http://220.127.116.11/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/86676
Alex Theatre (Glendale, Calif.) Motion picture theaters--California--Glendale Painted theater curtains--California--Glendale Greek revival (Architecture)--California--Glendale Selkirk, Charles R Lindley, Arthur G