This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
Shown in 1915 is the Sacramento County Hospital, located at Upper Stockton Road, three miles southeast of Sacramento's Plaza Park. Opened in 1879, the complex's layout was based on the pavilion model, whereby the pictured central building would be phalanxed by five wards and dining rooms. "A view through its gate of the old red brick County Hospital" reads the description on the back of this postcard, printed in Germany. The sign at the entrance declares "Visitors must obtain permission from office to visit patients.