Merritt Residence, 3116 Via la Selva, Palos Verdes Estates
Krempel, John P. (architect) Erkes, Walter E. (architect) Todd, George E. (builder) Merritt, Emery (owner) Merritt, Lou (owner) Erkes, Walter E. (owner) Bieling, Walter (owner) Wyatt, Captain (owner) Gwyther, Tony (owner)
Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District, from the Palos Verdes Homes Association Photograph Collection held in the Local History Room. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Image shows view of the Emery and Lou Merritt residence, located on Via la Selva on lots 4 and 5, block 1802, tract 6883, in Valmonte. View shows covered front porch of the single-story, five-room stucco house with tile roof. Two rocking chairs and wicker arm chair are visible on the porch, with several ceramic pots and jars. The yard visible at right is not yet landscaped, and eucalyptus trees are visible in background. The house was later owned by architect, Walter Erkes, Walter Bieling (Pete), Captain Wyatt, and Tony Gwyther. Date Built: 1927 Photo Source: Palos Verdes Homes Association Citation: Palos Verdes Bulletin, November 1930, p. 2. PVH building permit #120.