For commercial reproduction please contact the National Library of Scotland by referring to http://www.nls.uk/copyright . For access to the originals please e-mail email@example.com National Library of Scotland National Library of Scotland, George IV Bridge, Edinburgh, EH1 1EW, Scotland, UK The National Library of Scotland license the use of this content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 UK: Scotland License. firstname.lastname@example.org
"(on right) Dr Uffman's house (centre) Dr Scott's Manse. Church in skeleton. (on left) native village". Exterior view of the construction of the mission station, there are three indigenous people facing the camera in the foreground of the image. There is a corrugated metal building to the right of the image and multiple traditional thatched huts in the process of construction to the left of the image. The skeleton of the church can be seen in the top left of the image. The Kikuyu mission was established by the East African Scottish Mission in 1891 under the direction of Mr Thomas Watson. Mr Watson died of pneumonia on the 4/12/1900 and the mission came under the management of the Church of Scotland Mission (CSM). Rev. David Clement Ruffelle Scott was sent from Blantyre to head the mission and arrived with his wife and Doctor Uffman in 1901.