Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. The Hall of Records under construction was designed by Richard Neutra and opened in 1962.; For many years, the Stephen M. White statue was located on the lawn of the Hall of Records. In 1958, it was moved to 1st and Hill streets after the courthouse opened. Nearly 30 years later, it was again relocated to the entrance to Cabrillo Beach, near the Harbor. Mr. White (1853-1901) was a district attorney and US Senator who was responsible for creating the Los Angeles Harbor in San Pedro instead of in the Santa Monica Bay. Looking northeast from the Stephen M. White statue outside the Los Angeles County Courthouse. Seen, from left to right, are the construction site for the new Hall of Records, the Hall of Justice, a glimpse of the U.S. Court House and Post Office and a glimpse of the Hall of Records (later demolished). Dated June 26, 1960.
1 slide :color ;5 x 5 cm. Photographic color slides
00110152 L. Mildred Harris Slide Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection; GPC_b94_f2_i8 CARL0005469731 http://184.108.40.206/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/124019
White, Stephen Mallory,--1853-1901--Statues Los Angeles County Hall of Justice United States Court House and Post Office (Los Angeles, Calif.) Los Angeles County Hall of Records (Los Angeles, Calif. : 1962-) Civic centers--California--Los Angeles Public buildings--California--Los Angeles Office buildings--California--Los Angeles Building construction--California--Los Angeles Statues--California--Los Angeles Building sites--California--Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Slides Simon, Louis A.(Louis Adolphe),-1958 Underwood, Gilbert Stanley Allied Architects Association of Los Angeles