Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The statue was previously located on the corner of Temple and Broadway on the lawn of the Hall of Records. In 1989, it was again relocated to the entrance to Cabrillo Beach, near the harbor. Mr. White (1853-1901) was a district attorney and US Senator who was responsible for creating the Los Angeles Harbor in San Pedro instead of in the Santa Monica Bay. A group has gathered to place a memorial wreath before the Superior Courthouse statue of Stephen M. White. Left to right: John B. Schmolle, grand president, Native Sons of the Golden West; Eugene Biscailuz, ex-Sheriff; Mrs. Frances Sullivan; John C. Crowe, chairman; and Eldred L. Meyer, past grand president, Native Sons.
1 photographic print :b&w ;36 x 29 cm. Photographic prints
00043377 HeraldÂ Examiner Collection HE box 60 CARL0000049089 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/14796
White, Stephen Mallory,--1853-1901--Statues Biscailuz, Eugene W.,--1883-1969 Crowe, John C Meyer, Eldred L Schmolle, John B California.--Superior Court (Los Angeles County) Native Sons of the Golden West Courthouses--California--Los Angeles Statues--California--Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Calif.) Herald-Examiner Collection photographs Group portraits Portrait photographs