Rights are owned by California State Railroad Museum. Transmission or reproduction of materials protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owner. In addition, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The Oakland, Antioch & Eastern Railway, a standard gauge electric line, was incorporated March 28, 1911. It opened for traffic to Sacramento on September 3, 1913. The OA&E was sold to the San Francisco-Sacramento Railroad Company on January 26, 1920. Emil Grebs, the artist of this color tempera-on-board design for an advertising promotion, worked in the San Francisco Bay Area. For many years he was the art director for the Foster & Kleiser Company, for which these designs were made. Original measurements: 1 picture; 8 x 16 in.
Unknown Print Still Image
1 Page of 1
cscrm_000103 caps001287 http://archive.org/details/cscrm_000103 negative number: CSRM Color Transparency 24586T. Original .tiff file name: csrm_267
California State Railroad Museum Library and Archives The California Revealed Project is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.