Permission to use this image must be obtained from the San Francisco History Center, San Francisco Public Library: www.sfpl.org/permissions.
Folder: S.F. Streets-Bush-1890's. Permission to use this image must be obtained from the San Francisco History Center, San Francisco Public Library: www.sfpl.org/permissions. Written on back: "Telephone bldg. erected on site of New Mercantile Library, which adjoined r. Scott's Cavalry Presbyterian Church. Written on front: "The handsome building in the foreground is the First national Bank. Beyond that is the Brooklyn Hotel , a famous old hostelry of San Francisco. The tall building west of the hotel is the Telephone Building, erected upon the site of [Dr. Scott's old church]. It will be seen that at the architecture is completely changed. The Telephone Building is a handsome modern structure, in which an old pioneer would discern little to remind him of the buildings that formerly occupied the lot. Further west, the Mills Building, with its eleven stories, is seen towering upon the corner, where the famous old Platt's Hall stood for so many years. Negative #11074.
1 photographic print :
Streets--Bush--1890's San Francisco (Calif.)--Photographs