Please contact the contributing institution for more information regarding the copyright status of this object.
1989-1212. In: [Scenes of Sacramento] [manuscript] / Eugene Walter Hepting. [Sacramento, Calif. : E. Hepting, 1938?], Vol. C, leaf 10. A two story wooden house; the first floor has a porch surrounding it with a roof above the porch; wooden stairs with railing lead up to the front door; two tall windows flank the front door and three windows subdivide the second floor; by the left side of the house a man stands and on the right side is parked a car in the foreground. Walter Hepting was born in Sacramento (father was from Switzerland, mother from Germany). Worked for the State Treasurer's Office. Was amateur historian, collected old photographs and images of Sacramento. "The Tivoli House, erected in 1871, now located on Meister's property at 3590 C Street. The first house - in 1850- was formally situated where the Southern Pacific crosses the American River and was in its day a great place of resort. It was a pioneer place, where the Helvetia Rifle Club, the Turners, the Sharpshooters and others used to hold their shoots and festivals, but its glory departed long since, .Now used for the employees of the Meister Dairy. .Len Kidder in picture."