Copyright status unknown. This work may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.). In addition, its reproduction may be restricted by terms of gift or purchase agreements, donor restrictions, privacy and publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. This work is accessible for purposes of education and research. Transmission or reproduction of works protected by copyright beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners. Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of the copyright owner. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user. California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Special Collections and University Archives attempted to find rights owners without success but is eager to hear from them so that we may obtain permission, if needed. Upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, digitized works can be removed from public view if these are rights issues that need to be resolved.
Charles B. Voorhis (1870-1961) was a successful executive of the Nash Motor Company who later founded the first boys' club of southern California, the All Nations Club. In 1928, he founded the Voorhis School for Boys in San Dimas, California, as an institution for boys who were orphans or from disrupted families. He endowed and served as chairman of the board of the school until 1938, when the property was donated to the State of California for educational purposes. The school then became the southern campus of California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo until 1966 when it became California State Polytechnic University, Pomona. This interview was conducted when Charles Voorhis was almost 90 years old.
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Special Collections and Archives The California Revealed Project is supported by the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered in California by the State Librarian.