This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This circa 1930 photograph captures the St. John's Lutheran Church as it rests, surrounded by several trees, at the northeast corner of Seventeenth and L Streets. Under the guidance of Reverend Charles Oehler, the church was constructed for 70,000 dollars in 1911/12. The German Gothic-style structure was built of brick.