Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of the Pio Pico Branch Library building, located at 1025 S. Oxford and Connecticut Avenue. The 2,800 square-foot facility was completed and open to the public in October 1923; in 1926 it was officially named the Pio Pico Branch after Pio de Jesus Pico, the last governor of Mexican California. Structural problems led to the demolition of the historic building in 1979, and bookmobile service was established in the community for nearly two years until the branch found temporary quarters, 2,300 square feet, at 2631 W. Olympic Boulevard.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00059665 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-Pio Pico. CARL0000063668 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/105197
Los Angeles Public Library.--Pio Pico Branch Branch libraries--California--Los Angeles Architecture, Domestic--California--Los Angeles--Spanish influences