Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
The merchant marine ship, S.S. Lane Victory, shown here as it departs the L.A. Harbor. The S.S. Lane Victory is the last fully operational ship of the 534 Victorys built. It was launched in 1945 at Cal Shipyard in Los Angeles. After serving in the final days of WWII, the Korean War and the Vietnam Conflict, it was placed in the Ready Reseve Fleet, where it stayed from 1971 to 1988. In 1989 it arrived in the L.A. Harbor and was restored by a volunteer corp made up of WWII veterans. In 1990 it was deemed a national Historic Landmark. Photo dated: April 29, 1994.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00068043 Cary Moore Collection; Los Angeles Photographers Collection; Military-U.S. Merchant Marine. CARL0000072739 http://126.96.36.199/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/117155
SS Lane Victory (Liberty Ship) Ships--California--San Pedro (Los Angeles) Los Angeles Harbor (Calif.) San Pedro (Los Angeles, Calif.)