Sonoma County Library > Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection > Electric cars at Depot of the Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR), circa 1920s

Image / Electric cars at Depot of the Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR), ...

Have a question about this item? Contact Owner

Item Information. View source record on contributor's website.

Title
Electric cars at Depot of the Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR), circa 1920s
Contributor
Western Sonoma County Historical Society, 261 South Main St., Sebastopol, CA 95472 (http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org)
Date Created and/or Issued
1920
1929
2009-05-28
2009-07-06
circa 1920s
Contributing Institution
Sonoma County Library
Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection
Rights Information
Western Sonoma County Historical Society, 261 South Main St., Sebastopol, CA 95472 (http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org)
Neither the Western Sonoma County Historical Society nor the Sonoma County Library make any assertions as to ownership of any original copyrights to digitized images and can claim only physical ownership of the image(s) described in this records. However, these images are intended for Personal or Research use only. Any other kind of use, including, but not limited to commercial or scholarly publication in any medium or format, public exhibition, or use online or in a web site, may be subject to additional restrictions including but not limited to the copyrights held by parties other than the Library. USERS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for determining the existence of such rights and for obtaining any permissions and/or paying associated fees necessary for the proposed use. Preferred credit line is: Courtesy, the Western Sonoma County Historical Society. Please contact the Society regarding additional reproduction and reuse information at: http://www.sebastopol-farm-museum.org/contact-us
Description
Photo--black and white: Electric cars at Depot of the Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway (P&SR) circa 1920s, (date according to Walt Tischer). The car on the left is leaving for Forestville while the center car is headed for Santa Rosa and the car on the right is leaving for Petaluma. The depot was designed and built in 1917 by Petaluma architect Brainard Jones. It has a ten-foot-wide covered passage that encircles the building and stone piers built with rock from the Stony Point Quarry. In 1966 the Depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Garcia & Maggine Co. sign is visible at right background.
GNIS
Exact geocoding
17
Title supplied by cataloger
Photo Negative Binder A
Photocopy
Medium quality (200 dpi)
RGB
Windows
Evelyn McClure
Sally Morrison
Type
image
Format
1
Print, Photographic
black-and-white
8" x 10
image/jp2
7048192
image/tiff
8 8 8
200
Uncompressed
1971
1190
Identifier
3487
casebwsc_pho_003487
92-147
N168
018\3487.JPG
http://heritage.sonomalibrary.org/cdm/ref/collection/p15763coll11/id/1584
Subject
Black-and-white photographs
Transportation
P&SR railroads railway tracks trains electric cars depot station Petaluma and Santa Rosa Garcia & Maggine Co. Forestville Santa Rosa 1917 1920s Stony Point Quarry National Register of Historic Places historic places buildings architecture
Jones, Brainard Garcia Maggini
Time Period
1920 - 1929
Place
United States
California
Sonoma
Sebastopol
South Main Street
261 South Main Street, Sebastopol, California
38.400598,-122.823373
Relation
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Photographic Collection
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection GUIDE
Western Sonoma County Historical Society Collection

Explore related content on Calisphere: