This image may be protected by Copyright Law (Title 17 U.S.C.). Copyright restrictions applying to the reproduction and use of this image are available from the Sacramento Public Library.
This postcard shows the Southern Pacific Railroad passenger depot and shops in 1910. The bottom image shows the west side of the passenger depot, built in 1879. Locomotives transit both in and out, and several carriages are poised near the station's baggage room. The Second Street Extension is in the foreground and being crossed by two engines. In the top frame, switcher engine 1407 moves its way toward an oil tower, located at the far west end of the railyard and shops.