Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Designed by Russel and Alpaugh, Temple Emanu-el opened in 1923 and was occupied by the first "traditional reform" congregation. In 1929, the congregation was dissolved and the building was sold to become Christ Church. In the late 1930s, the congregation of Temple Emanu-el reappeared in Westwood where it was located until a large temple was built at 8844 Burton Way in Beverly Hills. The home on the left was later demolished and the English style residence on the right later became the parsonage for Christ Church. Exterior view of Temple Emanu-el, located at 639 S. Manhattan Place near Wilshire Boulevard in Los Angeles.
1 photographic print :b&w ;13 x 18 cm. on sheet 21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00081607 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Synagogues-Temple Emanu-el; N-002-072 5x7; N-002-072 5x7 (Additional print) CARL0000080541 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111762
Temple Emanuel (Los Angeles, Calif) Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Architecture--California--Los Angeles--Italian influences Architecture--California--Los Angeles--English influences Lost architecture--California--Los Angeles Dwellings--California--Los Angeles Russel & Alpaugh