Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. Designed by Honnold & Rex, this 4,000 sq. ft. branch, located at 1403 N. Gardner Street, was constructed of brick and stucco with a steel and wood roof. In 1987, the branch was renamed the Will and Ariel Durant Branch of the Los Angeles Public Library, and in 2005 a new branch on Sunset Boulevard replaced this structure. Members of the Board of Library Commissioners are shown during a meeting at the newly opened West Hollywood Branch. Identifiable members are Katherine Laich, administrative assistant (left), Harold L. Hamill, City Librarian (back to camera), Dr. Rufus B. von Kleinsmid (center), and Mrs. Marvin Owen (right).
1 photographic print :b&w ;11 x 14 cm on sheet 21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00080504 Security Pacific National Bank Collection S-002-540 4x5; L.A.-Libraries-LAPL-Branches-West Hollywood Branch CARL0000080101 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111837
Hamill, Harold L Laich, Katherine Kleinsmid, Rufus Bernhard von,--1875-1964 Los Angeles Public Library.--West Hollywood Branch Branch libraries--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Librarians--California--Los Angeles Architecture, Modern--California--Hollywood (Los Angeles) Hollywood (Los Angeles, Calif.) Honnold & Rex