Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact the California Room
Around 1916, San Jose's newly motorized Fire Department. Left to right: Chemical 3, Captain M. Narvaez and driver Fred Salas; Engine 1, driver Billy Maron or Tim Sullivan, Engineer Art McQuaide; Hose 1, firemen Araby Damonte and Reno Bacigalupi; Chemical 1; the Chief's car with Chief Ed Haly and Assistant Chief Hobson; Engine 2, Chemical 2 and Truck 1. Next door is the St. Charles Hotel at 39 North Market Street.