Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use. For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact the California Room: http://www.sjlibrary.org/research/special/ca/contacts_index.html
The Sainte Claire Club stands at the northeast corner of North Second Street and East Saint James Street. The "men-only" club was built in the California Mission style in 1894. The club still stands on the same spot today. The building to the right is the Norman Porter House that was moved (along with the palm trees) to this location from Santa Clara Street around 1870.
image/jpeg2000 Scanned with Epson Perfection V500 Photo as a 1200 dpi TIFF image in 16-bit Grayscale. Compressed 8-bit, JPEG format. Auto Level image adjustment applied using Photoshop CS2.