Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Title supplied by cataloger. This is the seat of one of the most highly respected Reform congregations, founded in 1862 as Congregation B'nai B'rith. Designed in the Byzantine Revival style by architects A.M. Edelman, S. Tilden Norton, and David C. Allison, this Temple was dedicated in 1929. Its richly ornamental interior features black marble, gold inlay, fine mosaics, rare woods, and Biblically-themed murals created by art director Hugo Ballin. The Temple was entered in the United States Register of Historic Places in 1984. Exterior view of the Wilshire Boulevard Temple, located at 3663 Wilshire Boulevard.
1 photographic print :b&w ;21 x 26 cm. Photographic prints
00081622 SecurityÂ Pacific National Bank Collection L.A.-Synagogues-Wilshire Boulevard Temple CARL0000080561 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/111782
Wilshire Boulevard Temple (Los Angeles, Calif.) Domes--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Byzantine revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Streets--California--Los Angeles Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Edelman, A.M Norton, S. Tilden Allison, David C Ballin, Hugo,1879-1956 Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.)