Images available for reproduction and use. Please see the Ordering & Use page at http://tessa.lapl.org/OrderingUse.html for additional information.
Exterior view of Wilshire Boulevard Temple (formerly the B'nai B'rith Temple), at 3663 Wilshire Boulevard. Cars are seen parked on both Wilshire and Hobart outside the Temple. This is the seat of one of the most highly respected Reform congregations, founded in 1862 as Congregation B'nai B'rith. Designed in the Byzantine Revival style by architects A.M. Edelman, S. Tilden Norton, and David C. Allison, this Temple was dedicated in 1929. Its richly ornamental interior features black marble, gold inlay, fine mosaics, rare woods, and Biblically-themed murals created by art director Hugo Ballin. The Temple was entered in the United States Register of Historic Places in 1984.
1 photograph :b&w Photographic prints
00064724 Works Progress Administration Collection WPA 1531 4x5 CARL0000068740 http://188.8.131.52/cdm/ref/collection/photos/id/2577
Wilshire Boulevard Temple (Los Angeles, Calif.) Synagogues--California--Los Angeles Byzantine revival (Architecture)--California--Los Angeles Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments Streets--California--Los Angeles Automobiles--California--Los Angeles Works Progress Administration Collection photographs Edelman, A.M Norton, S. Tilden Allison, David C Wilshire Boulevard (Los Angeles, Calif.) Ballin, Hugo,1879-1956