For more information on copyright or permissions for this image, please contact Claremont Heritage at http://www.claremontheritage.org
Survey of a two-story house built around 1891 on 137 West Seventh Street. The house was built by Edwin C. Norton who was the dean of Pomona College for many years. The smaller building on the east side of the lot was built as the original real estate office of the Santa Fe in Claremont. It is probably the oldest building in town since it preceded Pomona College's arrival. The survey was completed by Merritt, Richards, and Goodall.