Electronically digitized by the Palos Verdes Library District from the Palos Verdes Library Local History Room Photo Collection. Copyright status must be investigated before publishing or commercial use. To obtain permission and images for publication purposes please contact the Palos Verdes Library District.
Hand-colored postcard image shows frontal view of the Hotel Huntington, with garden of pink and white flowers visible in foreground. Originally opened in February 1907 as the Hotel Wentworth, purchased and renamed the Huntington Hotel by Henry Huntington in 1911. Redesigned by architect Myron Hunt, the Huntington Hotel reopened in 1914 and was later purchased by manager Stephen W. Royce, who sold it to the Sheraton Corporation in 1954, which operated the hotel until it closed in 1985. After major renovations, the hotel reopened in 1991 as the Ritz-Carlton, Huntington Hotel. Date Built: 1914 hotel history provided by http://www.ritzcarlton.com/hotels/huntington/overview/pressreleases/grace_pr.html